Our guidance counselor provides transition services to each student at the Anderson School. Through a career and work readiness scope and sequence, our counselor works with student groups weekly and through individual sessions. Students create resumes and cover letters and participate in mock interviews and interest inventories. Our students have taken part in various local industry and college tours. Many speakers from different careers come in to speak with our students to give them an idea of what each career looks like through the eyes of someone who has experience in the field.
Tours and Activities that took place during the 2017-2018 School Year
- Electro-Soft Industry Tour- Family owned and operated electronics contract manufacturing plant
- Pennsylvania Disability Employment and Empowerment Summit (PADES) field trip which included keynote speakers, a job fair, and FAB lab.
- Globus Medical Field Trip- a spine implant manufacturer
- Always Best Care guest speaker representing health care positions for our students
- Montgomery County Community College campus tour
- Harcum College campus tour
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation provides monthly visits to the Anderson School
- Early Reach presentation
- TIPS Program presentation
- Ideas 4U Transition Fair- Job fair boot camp with informational sessions from the MCIU Human Resources, Career Link, and mock interviews with professionals from the surrounding Montgomery County.
- Career Day at The Anderson School, which included members from the following fields: Culinary; Jabbo Labs (gaming industry); Wawa; Career Link; Metro Vet